Falcon Ridge Elementary is located in West Jordan. The school sits on a beautiful site at the base of the Oquirrh Mountains and overlooks the Salt Lake Valley. The school opened July 2008. The dedicated faculty has a wide range of backgrounds and specialty training. The focus is on student learning and achievement in the areas of literacy, numeracy and arts integration.
- Falcon Ridge serves 600 students on a traditional schedule, late August through early June.
- The school has a clean-line design featuring flexible space classrooms, centrally located media center, spacious gym with stage area, and an up-to-date computer lab. Each classroom is equipped with audio enhancement and digital projection systems.
- The school day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3:05 p.m., except on Fridays when school begins at 9:00 and is dismissed at 1:00 p.m. to allow teachers time for planning.
- The teacher/pupil ratio is 1 to 22 in first, second and third grades and 1 to 26 in fourth, fifth, and sixth grades. The actual class sizes vary.
- A nutritious breakfast and hot lunch is prepared and served daily. The cost of school breakfast is .80 and lunch for students is $1.75. Students who wish to only purchase milk may do so for 25¢ a carton. Breakfast is served to students in the morning from 7:50 am to 8:20 am. Lunch is served from 11:20 am to 1:05 pm.
- Teachers collaborate in Professional Learning Communities to ensure that all students are learning and to give students access to the best talents of each teacher.
- The curriculum meets or exceeds all district and state requirements. Teacher used research-based Tier 1 and Tier 2 instruction in language arts, math, science, and social studies.
- Students have access to the latest technology including 1:1 chromebooks. Students work with software in language arts, math, and other curriculum areas.
- Resource teachers give special help to students who struggle in math or reading. Literacy aides provide enrichment and research-based interventions to strengthen reading skills for students.
- A school psychologist is available to provide group or individual counseling. Speech therapy is also provided for students as necessary.
- Falcon Ridge has a school choir that allows students in grades K-6 to experience the joy of vocal music and performing as a group.
- Falcon Ridge students are expected to follow a Code of Conduct for responsible citizens, which spells out expectations for behavior.
- The school adheres to Jordan District dress, attendance, and discipline standards.
- The Falcon Ridge Student Council gives students leadership opportunities as they meet to build school pride and serve others.
- An active PTA and School Community Council assist with school activities and regularly give input on important school issues.
- Regular and consistent attendance is vital to the learning of every student. Falcon Ridge faculty and staff will work with individual circumstances to ensure all students are able to attend regularly.
School visitors and volunteers are welcomed and encouraged at Falcon Ridge. Volunteers support the educational process through their work within the classroom. Every family that attends Falcon Ridge is encouraged to support their children by working as a team with the classroom teachers as they strive to provide excellent educational opportunities for all children.
List of Opportunities for Students 2021 - 2022 School Year
- STEM Activities for the whole school by STEM teacher
- Beverly Taylor Sorenson Arts Person – Music
- Monster Math
- Student Council
- Kindness Club with Kindness Ambassadors
- Geography Bee
- 4th Mountain Man Assembly
- Science Fair
- Golden Gate Kids program school-wide - monthly recognition of students
- Second Step Character Education program - taught by a Character Ed aide
- Recycling Program
- 3rd Grade Veteran’s Day Program
- Crescendo Choir – After School run by Parents
- 4th and 5th grade students attend Symphony