We, the Falcon Ridge Community, believe all children can learn, and we will establish high standards of learning that we expect all students to achieve.
- All students can and will learn.
- Respect for diversity is critical.
- Together we are more.
2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
September 14, 2021
Have you heard about the new Walk & Roll Challenge from @SafeRoutesUtah? Starting Sept. through May, students who walk or bike to school are entered to win sweet prizes, like bikes, scooters and helmets each month. Visit SafeRoutes.utah.gov/Walk-N-Roll for more information.
September 10, 2021
September 7, 2021
Friday, September 10 is our first Flex Friday. Teachers will be sending assignments for students to complete at home. In person class is by teacher invitation only. However, we will have a cereal breakfast available for students to "grab 'n go" from 7:50-8:20. A lunch of corndogs will also be "grab 'n go" from 11:20-12:20. If your child will be coming to get lunch at the school, please contact the office before 10:30 so we can have an accurate lunch count. Please remember there will be no crossing guards during the lunch hour.
Please contact the school at 801.282.2437 with any questions regarding the Friday schedule and/or the breakfast and lunch changes.
September 6, 2021
August 30, 2021
Falcon Ridge has received our KN95 masks. We have two masks for every student. Parents and guardians may stop by the school to pick them up in the front office.
In addition, attached is the September lunch menu.
August 27, 2021
August 24, 2021
If you have 2nd through 6th grade student interested in our Ballroom dance class, please complete the permission slip below. Our Ballroom dance class will begin on Wednesday, September 1 from 3:15-4:15.
If you have a 1st through 6th grade student interested in our Reading Club, please complete the permission slip below. Our Reading Club will begin on Monday, September 27 from 3:15-4:15.
If you have a 4th through 6th grade student interested in our STEM Club, please complete the permission slip below. Our STEM Club will begin on Tuesday, September 28 from 3:15-4:15.
If you have additional questions, please contact the office at 801.282.2437.
August 20, 2021
August 19, 2021
Tomorrow, Friday, August 20, we will begin our new early out schedule. School begins at 9:00 and will dismiss at 1:00. Breakfast will be served from 7:50-8:20. Students at the school earlier will be directed to our reading program until 8:50.
Please contact the school if you have any questions.
Para leer este mensaje en español, visite covid19.jordandistrict.org/#espanol
Dear Parents and Employees,
Below is an updated and more detailed summary of COVID-19 protocols Jordan School District plans to follow as we begin the 2021-22 school year. We hope this will help parents make decisions and plans that are best for their individual families. For the most up-to-date information, please visit covid19.jordandistrict.org.
Quarantine After Exposure
Quarantine decisions for students and employees who may have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 will be made with the county health department.
- Quarantine at home if you are exposed to COVID-19 and are not fully vaccinated. We consider anyone who was within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes, to be exposed.
- Under the standard quarantine protocol, you can end quarantine:
- On day 10 without testing. You can end quarantine 10 days after the last time you had close contact with the person who tested positive if you don’t have symptoms of COVID-19.
- On day 7 with a negative test result. You must wait at least 7 days after your exposure to be tested. You can end quarantine if your test is negative and you do not have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you are exposed to someone at school who tests positive for COVID-19, you can continue to come to school if:
- You are fully vaccinated.
- Both individuals were wearing masks at the time of exposure.
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days.
- You were wearing a N95 or KN95 mask at the time of exposure.
- OR IF YOU:
- Wear a mask at school for 10 days.
- Wear a mask at school for 7 days and then get tested. If you test negative on day 7 you don’t have to wear a mask anymore.
- For more information, please visit the State of Utah Coronavirus K-12 School Recommendations page.
- “Test-to-Play” - There are no “test-to-play” protocols in place for extracurricular activities.
- “Test-to-Stay” - According to state law, “test-to-stay” will be implemented if a school reaches the established positive COVID-19 threshold.
Schools with 1,500 or more students have 2% of their students test positive for COVID-19.
Schools with fewer than 1,500 students have 30 students test positive for COVID-19.
All students must “test-to-stay” if they wish to remain at school, even those who are fully vaccinated.
All students who chose not to “test-to-stay” will be required to stay home for 10 days.
- Free COVID-19 Testing Site - Elk Ridge Middle School, 3659 West, 9800 South, South Jordan, Monday and Wednesday 4 - 7 p.m.
- Positive COVID-19 Isolation Leave - Employees who test positive for COVID-19 or are the primary caregiver to a child who has tested positive can access COVID-19 Isolation Leave. You do not have to use personal leave for this purpose.
- Classroom volunteers are welcome at the discretion of teachers.
- Field trips, PTA events, and overnight travel continue
Jordan Virtual Learning Academy
Virtual, online learning is available for all K-12 students in Jordan School District. Students can register at one of the following schools.
August 13, 2021
August 6, 2021
Please read the important information from the district regarding school opening:
As we prepare for the return of students, teachers and staff, Jordan School District has received and reviewed guidelines from state and county health departments regarding COVID-19 protocols for schools.
Below is a summary of protocols we plan to follow. We hope this will help parents make decisions and plans that are best for their individual families.
- Face Masks – Face masks are not required in Jordan School District schools or offices. Individual choices regarding masks should be respected. State and County Health Department recommendations regarding masks can be found at the following link:
We encourage families to study the recommendations and choose what they believe is best.
- COVID-19 Vaccination – Students and employees in Jordan School District are not required to be vaccinated. Individual choices regarding vaccinations should be respected. State and County Health Department recommendations regarding vaccinations can be found at the following link:
We encourage families to study the recommendations and choose what they believe is best.
- Isolation – Students and employees who test positive for COVID-19 will be required to isolate as directed by the County Health Department. Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 will not be permitted at school or any school activities during their isolation period.
- Quarantine – Quarantine decisions for students and employees who may have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 will be made with the county health department. More information will be forthcoming.
- COVID-19 Testing – There are no “test-to-play” protocols in place for extracurricular activities. According to state law, “test-to-stay” will be implemented if a school reaches the established positive COVID-19 thresholds. More information will be forthcoming.
- COVID-19 Data Dashboard – The COVID-19 Data Dashboard will be updated daily with case counts in our schools and buildings.
- Feel Sick? Stay Home – Students and staff who have COVID-19 symptoms should stay home. Having symptomatic individuals stay home will significantly reduce our need for student quarantines.
- Sanitation and Hygiene – Custodial staff in schools and buildings will continue to follow best practices for cleaning and sanitization to help minimize the spread of COVID-19.
- Virtual Schools Available – Virtual, online learning is available for all K-12 students in Jordan School District. Students can register at one of the following schools.
- Free Breakfast and Lunch – Free breakfast and lunch will be served for all students 18-years-old and younger at all schools through a USDA free meal waiver. There will be a charge for a la carte items in secondary schools.
We will keep you updated as plans, protocols, and recommendations evolve.
Thank you for your support as we begin the 2021-22 school year.
July 30, 2021
Falcon Ridge is looking for an aide to help with preschool. It is part-time hours in the morning, Monday through Thursday. If you are interested in this position, please contact Ms. Christensen at 801.282.2437 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come and join our amazing Falcon Ridge community!
July 27, 2021
Clarification on a previous post: The first day of school for 1-6 grade will be on Tuesday, August 17. First graders will begin with the other students.
July 26, 2021
Can you believe that school starts in a few weeks?! We hope that you have enjoyed your summer and are ready to get back to school.
Attached are the online registration instructions and school information. The online registration must be completed each year for current and new students that will be attending Falcon Ridge for the 2021-2022 school year. For parents of new students that have completed an online enrollment, please bring in the required documentation (if you have not already done so) so that we can complete the enrollment process and assign your student to a class. Our summer office hours are July 27th-August 16th from 8:00am-3:00pm.
Also attached are the instructions to sign-up for an assessment for those of you who have new Kindergartners coming to school. Please note that you will not be able to sign-up for a time until after August 9th. That is when you will be able to see who your student has been assigned to for testing.
If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you!
¡¿Puedes creer que la escuela comienza en unas pocas semanas ?! Esperamos que haya disfrutado de su verano y esté listo para regresar a la escuela.
Se adjuntan las instrucciones de inscripción en línea y la información de la escuela. El registro en línea debe completarse cada año para los estudiantes nuevos y actuales que asistirán a Falcon Ridge para el año escolar 2021-2022. Para los padres de estudiantes nuevos que completaron una inscripción en línea, por favor traigan la documentación requerida (si aún no lo ha hecho) para que podamos completar el proceso de inscripción y asignar a su estudiante a una clase. Nuestro horario de oficina de verano es del 27 de julio al 16 de agosto de 8:00 a. M. A 3:00 p. M.
Si tiene alguna duda, por favor póngase en contacto con nosotros. ¡Gracias!
July 26, 2021
July 14, 2021
We hope your families are enjoying the summer and spending time together to refresh and recharge!
As the new school year is creeping closer, we wanted to give you some important dates and information to help with your planning. School begins for grades 1-6th on Tuesday, August 17. Kindergarten will have testing appointments during this week and begin class on Wednesday, August 25.
Please watch for information regarding school registration in the first week of August. All students must register online, including returning students.
We will be having a Hotdog Social on Monday, August 16 from 5:00-6:00. Come with your family, enjoy an evening out and visit with teachers. We will have our Back to School activities afterwards from 6:00-7:00.
There will be a change to the Falcon Ridge school schedule this year. Classes will be from 8:30-3:05 Monday through Thursday, however, the Friday schedule will be different. Classes will be from 9:00-1:00 on Fridays. Come to Back to School night and learn about the exciting changes and extracurricular additions this year!
We look forward to seeing you soon! Enjoy the break!