We, the Falcon Ridge Community, believe all children can learn, and we will establish high standards of learning that we expect all students to achieve.
- All students can and will learn.
- Respect for diversity is critical.
- Together we are more.
Follow us on Twitter on your mobile phone via SMS texting
Text the message: follow FalconRidgeElem to the phone number 40404
You may also follow our school online by using the banner below.
Volunteer Form Information
If you are looking to volunteer at the school,please use the NEW and UPDATED volunteer form for parents. Below is the link for the updated Volunteer Application Form.
Message from Principal
We recently held elections for our Falcon Ridge School Community Council. We want to welcome new members -Deborah Craver, Jessica Brinton, and Lauren Evans and returning members -Laura McKee, Melina Huntsman, Karen Beebe, Oscar Mena, Misty Mena, Julianne Duncan, Gordon Hayes, Lori Mathews, Agustin Rondon, Joy Edman and Michelle Peterson. These community council members represent the Falcon Ridge School community.
The focus of the School Community Council is to determine their school's greatest academic need and prepare a plan to address that need with the school's portion of the money distributed from the School LAND Trust program.
This year the Falcon Ridge School Community Council is focusing on language arts. The Council also discusses safety and safe walking plans and other things that pertain to the school. They do not discuss personnel issues.
For the 2019-2020 school year, our school was allocated $72,006. The Council discussed the needs of the school and then worked together to create a plan for the school year.
The plan allocates for:
- Twelve reading assistants (including substitute aides) - $57,000
- Teacher and reading assistant professional development and substitutes to cover teachers to attend professional development - $10,506
- Field trips for students - $4,000
- Data Notebooks/Planners $500
Everyone is invited to attend the school community council meetings. Only Falcon Ridge School Community Council members can vote and make decisions for the council. The Falcon Ridge School Community Council will meet from 5:30 to 6:30pm on the following dates: November 13, 2019, January 16, 2020, and March 18, 2020.
Our school community council has also discussed becoming a dual immersion school. We have scheduled a parent information meeting regarding the dual immersion program for November 12, 2019 at 6:30pm. We will be sending out a flyer to remind you as we get nearer to that date.
Falcon Ridge is a great place to be every day! I love working with your children!
Michelle Peterson, Principal
PTA President Message
Finally! Autumn is here! I don’t know about you, but this is my favorite time of year. The leaves change colors and fall from the trees. I love to see the colors of harvest all around. The cooler weather means cozy soups for dinner and finally, by now we have all settled in and found our groove in this new school year.
PTA events are also in full swing. We have enjoyed our Breakfast with Books morning and learned about safety during Green Ribbon Week/Walk to School day. We have had our Reflections kick-off as well as the Vision Screening.
Thank you to all of you who have been able to help us out with these events. We appreciate your willingness to help make PTA events successful.
Our annual fundraiser is well underway. This is the major source of income for our PTA. Without a successful fundraiser, we will not be able to fund all the great activities and programs for our children. Not interested in participating in the fundraiser? We can also accept donations, where 100% will go directly to the PTA events that our children look forward to.
We are in the process of finalizing our Spirit Wear options with our vendor. We are excited to offer online ordering along with the capability to accept credit cards. Please look for a flyer and Skylert to come out in mid-October. You will have the capability of ordering Spirit Wear at any time during the year, as our vendor will keep the online store active until the end of the school year.
This has been a great year so far! It is a pleasure to work alongside those of you that have already been able to volunteer. I look forward to meeting many more of you at upcoming PTA events. Please contact me today if you want to be part of our fun.
Bullying and harassment are not tolerated at Falcon Ridge Elementary. Bullying is when a person or group of people repeatedly seeks to belittle, scare, hurt, put down, tease, threaten, harm, or intimidate another person. (see complete Policy as098)
Bullying and harassment can be:
- Verbal: The bully aggressively teases or calls names.
- Physical: The bully physically hits, shoves, punches, pokes, bumps, corners, or harms you.
- Visual: (leering, showing embarrassing material)
- Emotional: The bully uses gestures, notes, rumors, gossip, etc. against someone. The bully may also exclude you or use your relationships with friends as a weapon.
- Cyber: The bully uses emails, text messages, Facebook, Twitter, other social networking websites, or other electronic devices to hurt someone.
What should you do if you are getting bullied? Try the following:
- Tell the bully to "STOP". Look the bully in the eye without emotion or fear and command him or her to stop.
- If the bully continues to bother you, WALK AWAY.
- If that doesn’t work, TELL AN ADULT (Teacher, Administrator, Counselor, Parent or an adult you trust). If you remain in silence, nobody will know and you will continue to suffer at the hands of the bully.
- Inform the parents/guardians
- Provide consequences as necessary
All reports of bullying are confidential and handled carefully. Remember: Everyone has a right to come to school and feel safe! If you are bullying others, stop. Parents will be notified when bullying is taking place.
For those students who choose this behavior, consequences may include:
- Mandatory parent/guardian conference
- Loss of recess or activity
- Lunch Detention
- In School Suspension (ISS)
- Suspension from school
School Comunity Council Information can be found on this website under the "Community" tab at the top of this website page. Take a look, if you are interested in what is being discussed during these meetings.
Falcon Ridge Elementary Opportunities for Students
Fine Arts :
- We have a Beverly Taylor Sorensen Specialist at our school. Lori Bassham teaches drama to every student.
- We offer an after-school choir program taught by volunteer parents.
- Fourth and Fifth-grade students attend the symphony each year
- Assistants teach the Meet the Masters to students once a week for 40 minutes.
- All teachers in our building teach PE classes weekly to our students.
- All of our 6th grade students perform in a Shakespeare play each year. Each class performs a different play.
- We hold annual Science Fair and Monster Math competitions.
- We have an active Darts program. Last year all of our students created a large mural that we still have hanging in the hall.
- We are a Leader in Me school. We have announcements three times a week that highlight positive aspects of being a leader. We have many opportunities for students to be leaders in the classroom.
- School-wide we have a Recycling Crew, Safety Patrol, Student Council, Lunch Workers, and student Library Helpers.
Gifted and Talented:
- Geography Bee held each year.
- Fourth grade has a Mountain Man assembly each year and they also go to This is the Place Monument for hands-on learning about Utah History.