We, the Falcon Ridge Community, believe all children can learn, and we will establish high standards of learning that we expect all students to achieve.
- All students can and will learn.
- Respect for diversity is critical.
- Together we are more.
Follow us on Twitter on your mobile phone via SMS texting
Text the message: follow FalconRidgeElem to the phone number 40404
You may also follow our school online by using the banner below.
A Message from the Principal...
Thank you to everyone who attended our Parent-Teacher Conferences. It was great to see so many families! With so many holidays coming up I also want to wish your family a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
This month I visited every classroom to review the bullying policy and student responsibilities and teacher/administration responsibilities with students and teachers. Each student was also given the handout below, which distinguishes what is bullying and what is not bullying. We also discussed strategies students could use if someone is bullying and who to turn to for additional help. The school policy is posted below the “Is It Bullying?” poster.
Michelle Peterson, Principal
Bullying and harassment are not tolerated at Falcon Ridge Elementary. Bullying is when a person or group of people repeatedly seeks to belittle, scare, hurt, put down, tease, threaten, harm, or intimidate another person. (see complete Policy as098)
Bullying and harassment can be:
- Verbal: The bully aggressively teases or calls names.
- Physical: The bully physically hits, shoves, punches, pokes, bumps, corners, or harms you.
- Visual: (leering, showing embarrassing material)
- Emotional: The bully uses gestures, notes, rumors, gossip, etc. against someone. The bully may also exclude you or use your relationships with friends as a weapon.
- Cyber: The bully uses emails, text messages, Facebook, Twitter, other social networking websites, or other electronic devices to hurt someone.
What should you do if you are getting bullied? Try the following:
- Tell the bully to "STOP". Look the bully in the eye without emotion or fear and command him or her to stop.
- If the bully continues to bother you, WALK AWAY.
- If that doesn’t work, TELL AN ADULT (Teacher, Administrator, Counselor, Parent or an adult you trust). If you remain in silence, nobody will know and you will continue to suffer at the hands of the bully.
- Inform the parents/guardians
- Provide consequences as necessary
All reports of bullying are confidential and handled carefully. Remember: Everyone has a right to come to school and feel safe! If you are bullying others, stop. Parents will be notified when bullying is taking place.
For those students who choose this behavior, consequences may include:
- Mandatory parent/guardian conference
- Loss of recess or activity
- Lunch Detention
- In School Suspension (ISS)
- Suspension from school
A Message from the PTA...
There is no more denying it - winter is officially upon us! While I am sad to see the warmer weather finally leave us, I am excited for the upcoming holidays and all that this time of year means to me. However you celebrate and no matter what you believe, this truly is a magical time of year. It is a time of togetherness with the gathering of family and friends. It is the time to reach out to those you love and remind them how special they are to you. It is the perfect time to serve those around you that need your love and friendship.
It is also the perfect time to reach out to others if you are the one in need!
SPEAKING OF SERVICE...Even though we have not yet hit the half-way mark for the school year, it is already time to think about next year’s PTA board. That is hard to believe isn’t it? We will be voting for our Nominating Committee during the General Membership meeting at the choir concert on Monday, December 10th. The PTA Nominating Committee is responsible for finding and nominating the best candidates for any open positions for the upcoming school year. At this time, we will also be announcing what executive board positions will be available for next year. Anyone interested in an open position should contact a member of the Nominating Committee. You can also indicate your interest by leaving your contact information and desired position in a sealed envelope with the front office at the school. A member of the committee will then contact you to review your information. So please keep an eye out for further information to come.
Maybe you are not interested in becoming the next PTA President or any other elected position? But surely you would like to serve on the PTA board! We CAN and WILL find a place for you.
We can always use the help and would love to find a home for you on our PTA.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about any open commissions for the next school year. I know I sound like a broken record, but WE NEED YOU!
We need volunteers to make our events a success for all of our children. We are grateful to those who have been able to help at the school and at home. Let’s continue to work together to make the rest of this school year as great as it can be! On behalf of the entire PTA Board, we want to wish you a
happy holiday season. We hope this time of year is filled with love and peace for you and yours.
School Comunity Council Information can be found on this website under the "Community" tab at the top of this website page. Take a look, if you are interested in what is being discussed during these meetings.
Falcon Ridge Elementary Opportunities for Students
Fine Arts :
- We have a Beverly Taylor Sorensen Specialist at our school. Lori Bassham teaches drama to every student.
- We offer an after-school choir program taught by volunteer parents.
- Fourth and Fifth-grade students attend the symphony each year
- Assistants teach the Meet the Masters to students once a week for 40 minutes.
- All teachers in our building teach PE classes weekly to our students.
- All of our 6th grade students perform in a Shakespeare play each year. Each class performs a different play.
- We hold annual Science Fair and Monster Math competitions.
- We have an active Darts program. Last year all of our students created a large mural that we still have hanging in the hall.
- We are a Leader in Me school. We have announcements three times a week that highlight positive aspects of being a leader. We have many opportunities for students to be leaders in the classroom.
- School-wide we have a Recycling Crew, Safety Patrol, Student Council, Lunch Workers, and student Library Helpers.
Gifted and Talented:
- Geography Bee held each year.
- Fourth grade has a Mountain Man assembly each year and they also go to This is the Place Monument for hands-on learning about Utah History.