We, the Falcon Ridge Community, believe all children can learn, and we will establish high standards of learning that we expect all students to achieve.
- All students can and will learn.
- Respect for diversity is critical.
- Together we are more.
Follow us on Twitter on your mobile phone via SMS texting
Text the message: follow FalconRidgeElem to the phone number 40404
You may also follow our school online by using the banner below.
Message from Principal
Welcome back to school! I hope everyone had an enjoyable summer. I was able to travel to some National Parks and Monuments this summer and saw some very beautiful areas of the United States. I am glad to be back with my faculty and staff and especially the students!
We have some new people with us this year and we want to welcome them to Falcon Ridge.
Mrs. Alder – Third grade teacher
Mrs. Gardner – Fifth grade teacher
Mrs. Fox – Beverly Taylor Sorenson Music teacher
Mr. Woolf – Third grade teacher
Mrs. Ford – Assistant principal who is with us every Thursday
Mrs. Warren- Instructional coach who is with us each Wednesday and Thursday
Officer Wallace – DARE instructor for Fifth grade students. He is at the school every Wednesday.
Safety is always at the top of our list here at Falcon Ridge. This summer the school district installed security film on the glass in the doors. This film helps the glass be stronger. Also, the school district has installed a buzz-in system to access the front office. It is not functional at this time but will be soon. In addition, I would like you to be aware of safety videos the school district has created that you can view at home. The videos are on Reunification, Incident Command, and Avoid, Deny, Defend. You can access these videos at jordandistrict.org/safety/school or go to the Jordan School District website and search for School Safety.
I am excited for this new school year and expect to see your students succeed and grow during the year! Please do not hesitate to call or email me if you have questions or concerns. The school number is 801-282-2437. My email address is Michelle.email@example.com.
Michelle Peterson, Principal
PTA President Message
Welcome back to Falcon Ridge Elementary! September has arrived and the new school year is well underway. As much as I miss my kiddos when I send them back to school, after a summer of fun and freedom, it sure is nice to get my family back on a schedule.
PLEASE BECOME A PTA MEMBER:
If you didn’t get the chance to join PTA at Back to School Night, please look for our PTA Back to School packet to come home soon. We are excited to announce that you can now join our PTA via our online Member Hub link. For those parents not wanting to take advantage of the online option, the Back to School packet will also contain a membership form that you can send back to school with your student. Joining PTA and paying your $5 dues does not require anything else from you. We will NOT sell your information or hound you to volunteer. Your contact information is only used to prove your membership in our organization to maintain our non-profit status.
FALCON RIDGE SPIRIT WEAR!
Please look for this year’s Spirit Wear ordering information to come home in the PTA Back to School packet. We are working with the same vendor as last year and once again, an online store has been set up for our school. The vendor will keep the online store open throughout the entire school year, so you can order Spirit Wear at any time. We will also enclose an order form in the Back to School packet for those parents wanting to pay with cash or check.
Are you wondering what to do now that your children are back in school? Come hang out with us! We have many events we need help with; with Green Ribbon Week, Vision Screening, and then our Fundraiser will kick off soon. Please contact me or another member of the board to see where we can use your help. WE NEED YOU! It takes help from many more parents than just the PTA Board to make sure our children have a fantastic year. I look forward to working with you and getting to know you! So please join us in making some fun-filled memories for ALL our children.
Bullying and harassment are not tolerated at Falcon Ridge Elementary. Bullying is when a person or group of people repeatedly seeks to belittle, scare, hurt, put down, tease, threaten, harm, or intimidate another person. (see complete Policy as098)
Bullying and harassment can be:
- Verbal: The bully aggressively teases or calls names.
- Physical: The bully physically hits, shoves, punches, pokes, bumps, corners, or harms you.
- Visual: (leering, showing embarrassing material)
- Emotional: The bully uses gestures, notes, rumors, gossip, etc. against someone. The bully may also exclude you or use your relationships with friends as a weapon.
- Cyber: The bully uses emails, text messages, Facebook, Twitter, other social networking websites, or other electronic devices to hurt someone.
What should you do if you are getting bullied? Try the following:
- Tell the bully to "STOP". Look the bully in the eye without emotion or fear and command him or her to stop.
- If the bully continues to bother you, WALK AWAY.
- If that doesn’t work, TELL AN ADULT (Teacher, Administrator, Counselor, Parent or an adult you trust). If you remain in silence, nobody will know and you will continue to suffer at the hands of the bully.
- Inform the parents/guardians
- Provide consequences as necessary
All reports of bullying are confidential and handled carefully. Remember: Everyone has a right to come to school and feel safe! If you are bullying others, stop. Parents will be notified when bullying is taking place.
For those students who choose this behavior, consequences may include:
- Mandatory parent/guardian conference
- Loss of recess or activity
- Lunch Detention
- In School Suspension (ISS)
- Suspension from school
School Comunity Council Information can be found on this website under the "Community" tab at the top of this website page. Take a look, if you are interested in what is being discussed during these meetings.
Falcon Ridge Elementary Opportunities for Students
Fine Arts :
- We have a Beverly Taylor Sorensen Specialist at our school. Lori Bassham teaches drama to every student.
- We offer an after-school choir program taught by volunteer parents.
- Fourth and Fifth-grade students attend the symphony each year
- Assistants teach the Meet the Masters to students once a week for 40 minutes.
- All teachers in our building teach PE classes weekly to our students.
- All of our 6th grade students perform in a Shakespeare play each year. Each class performs a different play.
- We hold annual Science Fair and Monster Math competitions.
- We have an active Darts program. Last year all of our students created a large mural that we still have hanging in the hall.
- We are a Leader in Me school. We have announcements three times a week that highlight positive aspects of being a leader. We have many opportunities for students to be leaders in the classroom.
- School-wide we have a Recycling Crew, Safety Patrol, Student Council, Lunch Workers, and student Library Helpers.
Gifted and Talented:
- Geography Bee held each year.
- Fourth grade has a Mountain Man assembly each year and they also go to This is the Place Monument for hands-on learning about Utah History.